Yea! We made it here, to Budapest! Everything went well with our travel and we got all our luggage back and they already found an apartment for us! God has really blessed! The apartment is beautiful! It is on the 5th floor of this beautiful old European style building and the rooms are nice and open with lots of windows. It has 2 bedrooms and a bathtub and fully furnished! So we have plenty of space for people to come and visit, so come! So far we’ve been learning the metro system, which is getting easier already, and getting things like internet and phone and all set up. We’ve been making arrangements for getting some survival Hungarian learning and then learning Hungarian sign and a basic system for learning other sign languages.
It has still been a little strange to think that we are in Budapest. We have been going in one direction for 2 years and then all the sudden being thrown in another in a country and language we know nothing about. The other day I was on the train across from a woman and all I could do was smile and I thought I have been studying Italian all this time, if I was in Italy, I could say, “hi, how are you, what’s your name, where are you from, what’s the weather today!” All kinds of stuff and now what can I say? Absolutely nothing. I can’t even say a proper hello. Nothing. Its very frustrating.
Then yesterday, we went on a trip with some people from our team to the Czech Republic. (We had to cross through Slovakia to get there, so we passed through 3 countries in one day!) It was a beautiful drive of yellow flower fields and when we got there we met with a group of Czech Deaf who had been trying to put stories in sign. They had not yet been able to transfer the tapes or finish the project and they were so excited that we were going to help them. As we discussed our plans and ideas for the future of this project with our leaders, you could see how much they needed our help and how God had surely planted us here to help launch this project. It was really encouraging to meet and sign with them and I felt more at ease with learning the sign language.
The drive home was hilarious as we got completely lost, but so far things have been going good. Please continue to pray for us as we try to figure out the confusion of grocery shopping with different money and eating new foods and learning new languages. We love a miss you all very much and really appreciate your prayers!
To see some pics of our apartment and stuff, click on the link below : )
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=108277&id=590703202&l=65bb928134
Welcome to our blog! We have spent 3 years living in Budapest and traveling to new places. Now we are attempting the journey of settling in back home!
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thats awesome! I am so amazed at what God is doing! I am glad that you have a beautiful place to call home and that you have already seen some of the ways God will use you while you are there. I love you both and am praying for you daily. Let me know of some specific ways that I can be praying. Dont forget to come see us at our blog too! Love ya'll! <3
Post a Comment