Welcome to our blog! We have spent 3 years living in Budapest and traveling to new places. Now we are attempting the journey of settling in back home!

Sunday, November 4, 2012

One Year Ago Today...

Today marks one year that we have been back in America. I can't believe it has been a year already, I still feel like I was just there! I've held Budapest so close to my heart, I think, I can still imagine the streets we used to walk and hear the sounds and see the sights. I miss it so much! It has been such a hard year trying to start all over from scratch again. On top of which having a new baby and a complicated birth kind of threw things even more off than we planned. (If you missed my blog of my birth story click here: http://pregnantamericanineurope.blogspot.com/2012/10/my-birth-story.html )

But today Ryan is at a comic con in LA showing the art he did for his first comic book, so maybe it is the start of some really amazing new beginnings for us. It has been so great to be back with family and friends and I am very grateful that with all the complications we had that Sabrina was born here in America. Maybe God brought us back for her. Maybe now that she's born God will show us what is the next step in our lives. Really not sure what God has planned but I am excited to find out what it is and hope to move on from this very difficult year and start a better one.

In the mean time I am thinking of Budapest though, missing friends, missing the river, missing the cafes and beautiful walks. Missing the slowness of life and the enjoyable culture, but at the same time enjoying making a variety of pumpkin desserts and getting ready to have family over for Thanksgiving. While it was so hard to leave Budapest and it has been hard to get along since, I am thanking God for his many blessings he has given along the way and take comfort in knowing there is more to come.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments: