Welcome to our blog! We have spent 3 years living in Budapest and traveling to new places. Now we are attempting the journey of settling in back home!

Monday, March 5, 2012

Death and Life

This past weekend was my Grandma's funeral. We spent the day celebrating her beautiful life with many tears. It was so comforting for me to see all who came, shared stories, shared hugs, and helped us get through such a hard time. My Grandma was truly a wonderful person and I will miss her so very much. Its been a rough weekend. But as one life ends, another begins and I hope through it we can continue my Grandma's legacy of love for her family and for God. We announced to our family that we are expecting a baby just in time for Halloween. Baby number 2 is due October 29. Our family was very excited to have some joyous news at the end of a sad day. I know my Grandma would be very happy to hear the news as well. I pray this baby will be as much of a blessing as my Grandma has been to so many people.
"Don't you see that children are God's best gift?
the fruit of the womb his generous legacy?
Like a warrior's fistful of arrows
are the children of a vigorous youth.
Oh, how blessed are you parents,
with your quivers full of children!"
Psalm 127

No comments: