Welcome to our blog! We have spent 3 years living in Budapest and traveling to new places. Now we are attempting the journey of settling in back home!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Time to Say Goodbye

With just 2 weeks left, I am both excited and dreading having to say Goodbye. I hate saying Goodbye. Leaving home was one of the most heart-wrenching things I ever did and leaving Europe isn't going to be any better. While I greatly miss my family and friends and very much long to see them, I have so enjoyed living here and a large part of does not want to leave. There is something about the old world feel that's hard to explain, but it really gets a hold of you and causes you to fall in love. I love as I walk to the river I pass by 50 cafes, vintage clothing shops, and ice cream parlors. I love as I come to my favorite square there are 2 little old men playing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" on their clarinet and violin. I love as I get to the river there's a Little Princess sitting in front of the most amazing view of a palace and old churches and bridges. And I love how beautiful it gets when it all lights up at night. I love the friends we have made. Some so close it will be difficult to leave them. They have been so encouraging and helped our little family so much! I love the mommy group I'm a part of, it has been such a blessing. I love the Deaf people we have been working with, they have taught us so much. I love the places we have been able to go see, the cultures we have experienced, and the foods we have tasted! It really has been an amazing adventure and although there have been plenty of hardships as well, I am very thankful that God brought us on this adventure and I look forward to seeing what he has planned next in our lives.

So Goodbye my beautiful Budapest, it has been wonderful and you will forever be in my heart. I hope we will have many opportunities to return.

No comments: