Welcome to our blog! We have spent 3 years living in Budapest and traveling to new places. Now we are attempting the journey of settling in back home!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Deaf camp

For the past month we have been making last minute preparations for Deaf camp and we are happy to say that it went very well! All the kids enjoyed the camp and even though we are tired, we enjoyed it too! We had both Deaf and hearing kids. Some were enjoying learning Bible stories and some were learning them for the first time. We had many activities throughout the week from sports to crafts to dramas.

One drama we saw involved showing how Jesus takes on our struggles, our pain, our sins and carries them to the cross and faces death in our place. I've seen Jesus on a cross a million times, but somehow seeing it acted out in person does something to me. I haven't seen anything like that in so long. We've been here for over a year and it was almost like I had forgotten the impact it should be having on my life daily. I need to be reminded that He didn't just die for my sins, He took on my burdens, my struggles, my needs, everything that makes this life unbearable so that I could have a more abundant and eternal life. I'm glad I got to see Jesus in these kids, there's nothing like the faith of a child.

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

No comments: