So the other night I had a dream. I had a dream I was in Italy, seeing all the people I know and love, doing the work I planned for so long and I was so happy. But then I had to leave. I wasn't going to get to stay there and I was very sad. And then I wake up living that dream. It has been so difficult to be so in love with one place and people group and so sure of God sending you there, only to have the door shut. Some days I still struggle with what has happened the past 2 years. I go back and forth between knowing God has called us here and desperately missing the dream we had been seeking.
So maybe I need a new dream.
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:19So now I am here in Budapest. God has plans here I never thought to dream. I know things are going to happen in our lives and the lives of those around us that we never could have imagined. And I find joy in knowing that we followed. Who knows how much we would have missed, if we hadn't.
-Dorothy
No comments:
Post a Comment