Welcome to our blog! We have spent 3 years living in Budapest and traveling to new places. Now we are attempting the journey of settling in back home!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

And so we wait.......



And now, O Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in you. Psalm 39:7

So training is over, we've said our good-bye's, we're all ready to go, only we're not going anywhere still. We were to fly out today, but we're still waiting on those visas, guess these things happen sometimes. We are very anxious to get there, but we know God is in control of all things and now we have a little more time to pack things and get ready and spend time with family. Last week we went with our family to Disneyland for a few days for kind of a last family vacation type thing and we really had a wonderful time.

So what's a little more time, it's been a year and 3 months since we left Italy. We really had no idea it would take this long to get back and throughout the year, God continued to show me verse after verse about waiting on him. And I knew he was teaching me about trusting him, just didn't realize how deep it was going to go, but God is so faithful and he continues to remind me of that. As you look through the Bible you can see countless times when God's people wrote about waiting on him. I never noticed it so much before, but in each verse there is so much hope in waiting on God's perfect timing. In fact I even came across a verse that in the NIV the word is translated as "hope" and in the ESV it is translated as "wait". In Psalm 37:9 it says, "but those who wait for the Lord (or hope in the Lord) shall inherit the land." The same happens in Isaiah 40:31, "but they who wait for the Lord (or hope in the Lord) shall renew their strength.

It is so encouraging to know that we serve a God who knows exactly what He is doing and will bless us daily, even in the waiting time. We thank you all for your prayers during this time, it is greatly appreciated. We'll let you know what day we're leaving when the visas and everything gets worked out.

But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. "The Lord is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him." The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. Lamentations 3:21-25

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! I'm so sorry for your delay with the visas. That's so very Italian...they do stuff on their own timing. We'll be praying that you get it soon--I know you're so ready to be there. Hope to hear from you soon.

Lisa said...

I'll be praying that you get your visas soon. I'm so excited for you! Can I come visit you?
Love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hey! I'm praying for you both and cant wait to hear about great things happening once you get there! Miss you both!

Zack Barnes said...

Know we are praying for you. Any updates?

Bluegel said...

Hello My Love One's,

Uncle Tony & I are very proud of you and the streangth you have shown through out your ordeal, but
at last God has chosen where he wnt's you to go and I know you will service him well.

God Bless both of you and remember we love you both. May you both grow through this journey to become stronger then you are now and please send pictures.

Love,
Auntie, Corine & Uncle Tony