Welcome to our blog! We have spent 3 years living in Budapest and traveling to new places. Now we are attempting the journey of settling in back home!

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Amazing Answer to Prayer


Just had an amazing answer to prayer I wanted to share with everyone.

When we get to Italy one of my responsibilities will be to get involved with the Deaf community, learn Italian Sign Language, find the Deaf school and meet some Deaf people. I really had no clue how I was going to go about doing this. I only know a little Italian so far and finally received an Italian Sign Language book a couple of months ago (yes, it is different than American Sign Language, very different!). So I'd been praying for God to be very clear on what I should do because I don't even know where to start when I get there! He was just going to have to drop it in my lap.

Then I received an email from a missionary who recently began ministry in Naples. He said his landlord wanted him to meet his family and invited them over for dinner. They discovered the wife is a teacher for the Deaf at the Deaf school in Naples! They told her all about me and that I would be coming in October. Isn't God amazing?! Here I am wondering how this is going to happen and God is faithful-- He just opens the door for it to happen! It was such a blessing to find that out and I wanted to share it with all of you. Please be praying God will connect this woman and I when we get there and for it to lead to other connections in the Deaf community.

It's such a confirmation to see God's plan unfolding.

Dorothy

No comments: